Whenever you’re located in the globe, you’ll enjoy using the best heated toilet seat in our 2020 list of heated toilets seats. If you are in a hurry, our best heated toilet seat you can get for your toilet is the Brondell LumaWarm and I have reviewed it below.
In the early days, human beings did not mind what happened to their excretion, and toilets were never given much concentration. As people became more civilized, they made toilets and sewers and advanced to primitive toilets that were only for upper-class citizens. This was followed by the famous Roman era of heated public bathrooms and advanced sewer systems. But none of these innovations featured heated seats!
Heated toilet seats have been around for some time, especially since the 1980s when the Japanese started to make super toilets. Their toilet novelty has gained global reputation in the Guinness Book of World Records. You can also read our piece on the how toilets work here.
Heated toilet seats are great and there are several brands manufacturing heated seats and retailed in major retail outlets such as Lowes, Home Depot or on the online retail store, Amazon. This post reviews some of the most popular and highly-rated toilets with heated seats in 2020.
Are heated toilet seats safe/Worth it?
Whether you are renovating your bathroom or just thinking about purchasing a new toilet, heated toilets are worth it. Heated toilet seats are super techy which give the room a cool appearance. They pamper you with warmth (20-25 degrees Celsius) and add comfort, especially when you have turned the furnace down during winter to save costs.
And yes, of course! Heated toilet seats are safely sealed to make them both child proof and waterproof. In fact, they only consume 1/5th (12 volts) of an electric bulb’s consumption. Some of the materials used include in-built antimicrobial agents to prevent fungi and microbes.
When was the heated toilet seat invented
The first heated (electronically) toilet seat was manufactured on sea in Sussex by Cyril Reginald Clayton at St. Leonard’s. Water-heated seats were a sole ingredient for British royal homes in the 20th century.
Check here for more information on the initial heated seat model, construction material, and subsequent improvements.
How much are heated toilet seats
As with other products, the cost of a heated toilet seat depends on many variables, such as the material, the brand, and heating elements. However, the price range of the ones featured in our review today is between $64.24 and $324.46.
How does heated toilet seat work
A heated toilet seat imitates a regular seat in form and functionality. Some heated toilet seats utilize a material that stores and uses body heat. However, most of them utilize electrical current that heats carbon cores placed through the toilet seat.
Depending on the heated toilet seat’s manufacturer, the house electricity (or battery power) offers the electrical current. The heat can be controlled via a small remote attached to the unit. Some brands will heat automatically when plugged to the wall or new batteries inserted.
10 Best Heated toilet seats in 2020:
Below are the 10 best toilets with heated seats on amazon:
- Brondell Luma Warm
- Bio Bidet Ultimate 600
- Kohler Pure Warmth
- Lotus ATS-500
- Bemis Radiance
- SmartBidet 1000
- Toastie Tush
- Brondell Swash 900
- Ultra Touch Elongated
- Kohler C3-125
Reviews of the Best Heated Toilet Seats:
In this section, we shall discuss each of the heated toilet seat’s descriptions and features to see what they have to offer. By the end of this review, you will have known the best choice for you!
Our top-best heated toilet seat is Brondell LumaWarm. The product might be among the most popular options available in the market. Available in both round and elongated bowl shapes, this heated toilet seat comes with exceptional features at a pocket-friendly price.
The Luma Warm Nightlight toilet seat offers the comfort of a heated seat, toilet bowl light convenience, and both the seat and lid close quietly. It comes with four temperature settings (off, low, medium, and high), making it an all-seasons favorite. The heated toilet seat temperature ranges between 97 and 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
Brondell LumaWarm Heated Nightlight is easy to install, and is powered by a standard GFI wall outlet electrical power. It also has an easy ON/OFF button and a long-lasting, energy efficient LED light bulb.
- WARM AND WELCOMING: Say goodbye to the shock of a cold toilet seat and say hello to a warm, welcoming seat. Four seat heat settings make the LumaWarm comfortable all year round.
- ILLUMINATING NIGHTLIGHT: A cool blue nightlight illuminates your toilet bowl, lighting your way during your midnight trip to the ‘loo.
- SLOW CLOSE AND MORE: Gentle closing seat and lid, ergonomic seat, intuitive controls, available in both Elongated and Round sizes, and available in White or Biscuit color. This listing is for Elongated, White - toilet seat measures 20” x 14.3” x 2.8”
- EASY INSTALLATION: the LumaWarm installs easily on your existing toilet, simply remove your toilet seat and replace it with the LumaWarm. No plumber or tools required.
- WE ARE BRONDELL: Born and raised in San Francisco, CA Brondell makes healthy home products created from the highest quality components and crafted for excellence. As a proud Mark Cuban company since 2005, we aim to approach the market with creative thought, pioneer spirit, and a maverick attitude.
It is made of plastic material, weighs 6 lbs., and measures 20”x14”x3”.
- 1-year Warranty
- Top mount hardware available
- Adjustable heated seat
- Simple, intuitive controls
- LED toilet nightlight
- Ergonomic seat
- Slow-close lid
- Elongated and rounded shapes
2. Bio Bidet Ultimate 600
Do you want to add a degree of luxury to your bathroom time? Our runners-up, Bio Bidet Ultimate 600 is a fantastic choice! This full-featured heated toilet seat comes with front and rear warm water cleansing and anti-bacterial material for unmatched cleaning. It also includes a massage feature with a wide clean mode, as well as automatic and kid’s wash modes.
Bio Bidet Ultimate 600 comes with side-mounted control buttons that enables you to adjust the water temperature and water pressure. You can also use the button to adjust the position of the gentle aerated stream. To ensure a quiet bathroom experience, the BB-600 features a heated soft-closing seat and lid, and an option for warm air-dry for your toilet after use.
- Convenient attached side panel with Auto & Kids wash modes
- Heated seat and warm air dry
- Dual action nozzle.This will fit most toilets. The only exception can be if you had 1pc toilet with French Curves
- Aerated Bubble Infusion Technology
- Slow-closing seat & lid with quick release.Heater capacity:250 W
- Slow closing seat and lid
- Adjustable temperature
Are you in the hunt for a heated toilet seat that you can control using an app on your smartphone? Well, look no further! Our third-best heated toilet seat, Kohler Pure Warmth offers soothing comfort and feel of pure warmth with LED Nightlight.
This heated toilet seat allows you to adjust the heat level and brightness of the seat to your preference. It comes with a user- and control-friendly button panel the seat’s base, or an option to download Pure Warmth app into to your smartphone for extra options. You can adjust warmth settings to low, medium, or high.
You can check the full review of this toilet here
- Heated toilet seat with three adjustable warmth settings: low, medium, and high
- Dual led lighting offers guiding light when lid is down and task light when lid is lifted
- Night-light is manually adjustable to two color choices and two brightness levels.Seat front type:Closed-front
- Compatible with the Kohler purewarmth app to adjust seat warmth and lighting brightness to your daily schedule
- Hidden cord provides a clean look.Bluetooth version:4.2
- Quiet-close(tm) lid closes slowly and quietly without slamming
- Quick-release(tm) hinges allow seat to be unlatched from toilet for easy removal and convenient cleaning; no tools required
- 60” power cord included
- Adjustable temperature
- Fairly expensive
Lotus ATS-500 smart bidet, our fourth-best heated toilet seat, comes fully-packed with a ton of features to give your bathroom experience make over. It features constant warm water wash, kids & feminine wash, and turbo wash. Lotus ATS-500 also includes a heated seat and air drier with temperature control.
This heated toilet seat transforms your bathroom routine experience into a delightful moment of comfort and freshness. It comes with an adjustable nozzle position that is auto jet-washed before use and after. ATS-500 is cUL-accredited and FDA-registered to ensure ultimate safety and high-standard hygiene.
- Warm water wash, feminine wash, turbo wash, child wash, a heated seat and air dryer with temperature control
- The nozzle position is fully adjustable and nozzle is automatically jet washed both before and after each use
- ECO friendly- Energy Save Mode reduce electricity and Air Dryer save toilet paper, good for the environment
- Soft closing seat and cover, Easy to install, 2 year manufacturer warranty
- Fits both round and elongated toilets
- 2-year warranty
- Adjustable nozzle position
- Soft-closing seat and cover
- Continuous warm water
- Air dryer temperature
- Stainless and self-cleansing nozzle
- Patented tech
- DIY installation
- Dedicated nozzle for feminine wash
- Kid wash mode
- Short electrical code
- Average-powerful dryer
Has your previous toilet seats drove you insane with their wobbling nature? Our fifth-best heated toilet seat, Bemis Radiance, might be the best solution for you. Bemis toilet seats are reputable for top-quality, novelty, and elegance both residential and commercial products globally.
These heated toilet seats are available in a range of designs that easily incorporate any bathroom. They come with unparalleled features and benefits that make your everyday bathroom experience. It comes with precision seat fit with front to back adjustability to fit any bowl. The seat’s temperature settings include low, medium, and high.
- 3 SETTINGS: Multi-setting warming Seat with 3 temperature settings for comfort
- SOFT ILLUMINATION: Built-in blue LED night light that illuminates the bathroon with a soft, soothing glow
- NO SLAMMING: Seat closes slowly and quietly with a tap to eliminate pinched fingers
- NO MORE WIGGLE: With the STA-TITE fastening System your Seat will never come loose
- INSTALLS WITH A SNAP: The STA-TITE Seat Fastening System is easy to install with just a wrench
- PERFECT FIT: Precision Seat Fit has front to back adjustability for the perfect Seat to toilet bowl fit
- MORE STABILITY: Super Grip Bumpers prevent the Seat from shifting on the toilet bowl
- POWER CONNECTION: Powered by standard GFCI wall outlet
- FITS ALL ELONGATED TOILETS: Including Kohler, American Standard, TOTO and many more
- Easily detachable for cleaning
- Fits snugly for comfort
- Compatible with 99% of available toilets
- Fastening systems
- Quick and easy installation
- Grip-tight bumpers
- Easy installation
- 3 temperatures settings
- Slow and quiet closing system
- Manual nightlight switch
- Limited to round toilets
SmartBidet 100 is our best heated toilet seat in the review. The product comes with remote and easy installation process. It provides you with hygiene, convenience, and comfort in your bathroom experience.
This heated toilet seat is available in an elegant design and comes with a multi-function control panel. It comes with options such as posterior wash, feminine wash, and oscillating wash to cater for everyone.
- Multi-wash functions with self-cleaning nozzle & oscillation: for her front, her back, his back
- Control with remote control.
- Adjustable water pressure (5 levels), water temperature (3 levels) & nozzle positions (5 levels)
- Warm air dryer, adjustable to 5 levels, which eliminates the need for toilet paper
- Energy saving mode, Soft closing lid and seat, Easy to install
- Remote control
- Heated seat/water
- Turbo wash
- Heated air dryer
- 3-in-1 stainless steel self-cleansing nozzle
- Child wash & dry
- Energy saving mode
- Easy installation process
- A ton of adjustable features
- Energy saving mode
- Attractive design
- Weak air dryer
7. Toastie Tush
Are you looking for a pocket-friendly, tool-free way to enhance your everyday bathroom experience? Meet our seventh-best heated toilet seat, Toastie Tush! This heated toilet seat comes with an easily-attachable heating pad on the lid for the user’s comfort.
Toastie Tush heated toilet seat lets you lower your home regulator and save energy without sacrificing comfort, and meets both UL and CSA standards. It is portable and easily wipes clean with just water, and adjusts to three settings.
With Toastie Tush, you get three warmth settings (low, medium, and high) and comes with 1-year warranty. The product is made of waterproof vinyl material, weighs 14 lbs., and measures 13.7”x2”x13”, comes in O-shape, and is sturdy.
- Special heating pad easily attaches to underside of existing toilet seat lid.
- Transfers warmth to the seat when lid is closed (you do not sit on the pad).
- Safe: Tested to UL & CSA standards. Has its own GFCI plug & 8 ft cord.
- 3 warmth settings. Only 14 to 28 watts power usage.
- Easy to clean - waterproof vinyl. Sold in ELONGATED size too...
- Excellent comfort
- 1-year warranty
- Energy saver
- Limited to O-shaped toilets
Another product from Brondell, Swash 900 is our eighth-best heated toilet seat on the review. This advanced bidet toilet seat offers a comfy, cleansing, personal hygienic wash lowering the need for dry, ineffectual toilet paper.
The Swash-900 includes a simple DIY installation process, and is a fantastic, easy and quick replacement choice for your current toilet seat. It offers a terrific health and hygiene benefits, with the posterior wash offering a gentle and effective all-family cleansing.
Brondell Swash 900 feminine wash provides multiple benefits to sexually active, pregnant, and menstruating women, leaving them shower-fresh every time. Senior citizens are also catered for, as well as those with debilitating illness like arthritis. It offers auxiliary bathroom experience for more independence and dignity restoration.
The product also comes with user-friendly and intuitive controls for kids. Users can choose between three warmth settings (low, medium, and low), and temperature range of 88-99 degrees Fahrenheit. The product is made of plastic bidets material, weighs 0.6 ounces, and measures 20.8”x15”x5.7”.
- Posterior and feminine endless warm water washes
- Dual stainless steel positionable nozzles with wide spray, Twin adjustable stainless steel nozzles
- Ergonomic gentle-closing heated seat with quick release
- Wireless remote control,Intelligent body sensor
- Automatic power saving eco-mode
- Auto-power saving mode
- Quick release seat
- Wireless remote control
- Stainless steel nozzle system
- Perfect for kids, women, and senior citizens alike
- Durable construction
- User-friendly controls
- Soft lid and seat closing
- Twin-adjustable stainless steel nozzles
- Auto-power saving mode
Have you always despised hard wood or plastic and cold? I might have a solution for you! Our ninth-best heated toilet seat, Ultra Touch Elongated, may not be foam-padded but it is soft to the touch. This Ultra Touch comfort touch surface emulates what you find on soft-handle toothbrushes.
This heated toilet seats comes with a molded-in 12 volt Thermal Circuit heating feature that heat to a comfy 20-25 degrees above room temperature. When you try the Ultra Touch Elongated heated toilet seats, you will never want anything else. You can choose between three temperature settings (low, medium, and high).
Ultra Touch Elongated heated toilet seat is economical as it consumes just 1/5th of a 60 watt light bulb. The product is made of plastic material, weighs 6.49 lbs., and measures 20”x15”x2”.
- Durable high quality construction
- Ultra Comfortable patented seating surface
- Economical - Uses only 12 watts of electricity. Only 1/5th the power of a 60 watt lightbulb!
- Safe - Sealed 12 volt design and UL listed transformer ensures family safety.
- Built in antimicrobial agent
- In-built anti-microbial agent
- Ultra-comfy patented seating surface
- Sturdy high-quality construction
- Thermal Circuit heating
- Comfy experience
- Long electrical cord
- Affordable pricing
- Built-in microbial
- Strong features
- Reported discoloration
- Average heating
Experience a fresh cleansing level for everyday buoyancy and comfort with Kohler C3-125! Our tenth-best heated advanced toilet seat with cleansing functionality utilizes naturally soothing water as a hygienic and refreshing toilet paper alternative.
It comes with user-friendly control buttons allows you to adjust the water spray for temperature and animated motion. Kohler C3-125 also comes with a heated seat, in-built odor control, grip-tight bumper, quiet-close lid, and flexible warm air flow for drying.
The heated toilet seat comes with a tank heater that produces constantly heated water for continuous comfort. It also includes LED Nightlight for illuminating the bowl, and energy save function. This heated toilet seat comes with three temperature settings (low, medium, and high).
- Materials: Solid polypropylene plastic to resist staining, chipping, and fading
- Two spray wands with adjustable water pressure, temperature, and pulsate functions
- Automatic night light function to illuminate the bowl with energy saving functions
- Quiet close lid to ensure a slow close that prevents slamming
- Quick release hinges allow seat to be unlatched from toilet for easy removal and convenient cleaning; No tools required
- Tank heater for continuously heated water for consistent comfort
- Heated seat with adjustable temperature settings for user comfort
- Elongated seat with cleansing functionality
- Deodorizer helps to minimize odors
- Dimensions: 19.94 x 16.38 x 6.31 inches
The product is made of plastic, weighs 6.49 lbs., and measures 20”x15”x2”.
- Grip-tight bumpers
- Energy save function
- Quiet-close lid
- Deodorizer for minimizing odors
- Quick-release system
- Two spray wands with adjustable temperature and water pressure
- Air blowing function
- LED Nightlight
- Front and rear wash modes
- Tank heater
- Adjustable temperature settings
- In-built odor control
- Limited to V-shaped toilets
Buyer Guide to Heated Toilet Seats in 2020
By now, our review above has covered the 10 best heated seats that you can consider when renovating your bathroom or building from scratch. In this section, we are going to look at the buying guide to heated toilet seats in 2020.
So, what should you consider when purchasing a heated toilet seat?
- Construction Material – Usually, heated toilet seats are made of thermoplastic with in-built anti-microbial elements, making them easy to clean and maintain. Other construction materials include ceramic or fiber-glass fixed with a heated coil at the center.
- Shape of the Seat – Typically, toilet seats are available in three major shapes, including O, U, and V shapes. O-shaped toilet seats denote the traditional shape. The U and V shaped (round and elongated) heated toilet seats and they are the most common ones.
- Measurements – Make sure that you take the correct toilet measurements, its height, and the distance between two mounting bolts and seat hinge. Why? O-shaped seats measure 16.5” long and V-shaped seats 18.5” long.
- Gentle Closing
- Temperature Control – Most heated toilet seats come with three temperature control adjustments: low, medium, and high. While the three are enough, some complex seat models include extra options.
- Mount Type – The best attachment for mounting your toilet seat on the commode is using standard nut and bolt method. It includes an easy installation process and holds the seat snugly. If you wish to change, it is also easy to remove.
- Air and Water Jets – Air and water jets make heated toilet seats self-cleaning, with some models incorporating aerated wash sprays. The released 50 degrees Celsius heated water kills microbes, and some may disinfect via UV light or pre-mist system.
- Customization & Personalization – Most of these heated toilet seats have panels and remotes for controlling variables such as temperature.
How to Install Heated Toilet Seat
In this section, I will guide you through a DIY process that involves two simple steps. If you follow this carefully, you will not need to employ a plumber to do the installation for you.
Step 1: Ground Faucet Circuit Interpreter (GFCI) – Ensure that you have a GFCI outlet within easy and reach of the toilet. When you buy a heated seat, it comes fitted out with an electrical cord that you must plug into this outlet type for the seat to function.
GFCI installation is the most tedious part when installing a heated toilet seat. So, how do you do this?
- Go to the circuit breaker and turn the power off.
- Look for a spot for your new outlet. It should substitute a current outlet or close to a powered one.
- Measure the GFCI holder and cut a box big enough to fit the holder.
- Connect the GCFI terminals to the incoming white and black power cables.
- Carefully the wires and squeeze them into the box.
- Attach and screw the outlet into place.
Step 2: Fix the Heated Seat
- Remove your old toilet and swap it with the heated toilet seat.
- Plug it to power.
- Go to the circuit breaker and turn the power on.
Check out this YouTube video!
Heated Toilet Seat with Remote
In our 10 best heated toilet seats review, we came across some heated toilet seats with remote control. As such, you can either use the manual control button or remote control systems for things like LED Nightlight, cleaning, and more.
The brands include SmartBidet 1000 and Brondell Swash 900. Kohler C3-125 can also fall in this category as it offers app compatibility which can be used to remote control. Check our review for more information.
Heated Toilet Seat with Spray
Kohler C3-125 is the only heated toilet seat with an in-built spray system – Deodorizer. It helps to keep the bathroom fresh and with less or no odor at all. As such, you can either use their in-built deodorizer or opt to add extra freshness or purchase other products.
Heated Toilet Seat with Light
The review also featured some heated toilet seats with light, including Kohler C3-125, Bemis Radiance, and Kohler Pure Warmth. This nightlight illuminates the seat and gives you a great bathroom experience. The best thing is that they are eco-friendly (consumes less power).
Heated Toilet Seat with Batteries
Other than using electricity some heated toilet seats, like SmartBidet 1000, require 2 AAA batteries. They save on electricity cost and offer extra warmth when needed, especially during cold seasons.
Heated Toilet Seat with Bidet/ Best Heated Toilet Seats and Bidets
In our review of the best heated toilet seat, the best heated toilet seats are those constructed with plastic bidet material. It is sturdy material that offers a comfy and soothing bathroom experience. They include Bio Bidet Ultimate 600 (BB-600), Lotus ATS-500, SmartBidet 1000, and Brondell Swash 900.
Where to buy heated toilet seats
You can get heated toilet seats on Costco, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, Target, Walmart in countries such as the US, UK, Australia, Japan, South Africa, NZ, Canada. On the table above you get a wide range of brands ranging from Brondell, Toto and American Standard. You can have these heated toilet seats with and without electricity as it uses battery.
Yes, there are heated toilet seats using batteries. If you prefer a battry-operated toilet seat, try SmartBidet 1000